Last Updated: March 6, 2023
Please note: This Privacy Notice does not apply to personal information that Harbour processes on behalf of clients as a data “processor” under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), as a “service provider” under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), or in a similar role under other data protection laws applicable to our clients. We encourage you refer to our clients’ own privacy disclosures for more information about their practices.
If you are a client that is considering entering into a Data Processing Agreement with Harbour for compliance with the GDPR, CCPA or other data protection laws, please contact us for more information.
- I. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- II. OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- III. OUR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- IV. THIRD-PARTY DATA COLLECTION AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
- V. CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
- VI. CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
- VII. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR SERVICES
- IX. CONTACT US
- X. REGION-SPECIFIC DISCLOSURES
I. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
II. OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, you may provide us your personal information when you register for an account, send us messages or use another feature of our Services.
As described in more detail below, we also collect some personal information automatically, and obtain some personal information from third parties. In some cases, we may combine personal information from multiple sources in order to better identify you.
Personal Information Collected from You
We may collect the following categories of personal information from you directly:
- Contact Information, including first and last name, phone number, email address, and job title.
- Content You Upload or Submit, such as contracts, e-signatures, images and videos that you upload or submit. Please do not upload or transmit information that you do not feel comfortable sharing with us or with other users.
- Inquiry and Communications Information, including information you send us when you submit an online form, email us or send us chat messages.
- Preference Information, including information regarding your interests and communication preferences.
- Job Applicant Information. If you apply for a job for us, we may collect your name and contact information, demographic information, and information about your qualifications, professional history, and educational background, as well as other information you choose to share with us in your application, interview, or supporting documentation.
- Feedback. We may also collect feedback you provide relating to our Services.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
Our Services are designed to automatically capture, store, track, and make searchable customer agreements, media, audit logs, and metadata. For example, we automatically collect certain personal information when you visit or interact with our online Services, such as:
- Log and Usage Data, including diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called "crash dumps"), and hardware settings).
- Device Data, including information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, and operating system.
- Location data, such as your latitude and longitude. How much location data we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). In addition, we may use the Google Maps API to gather information about your location. Google uses various technologies to determine your location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Google with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers. More information about Google’s privacy practices is available here.
You can opt out of allowing us to collect location data either by refusing access to the data and by disabling your location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
We and our third-party providers may use (i) cookies or small data files that are stored on your computer and (ii) other, related technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies and logging technologies (collectively, “cookies”) to automatically collect this personal information. For more information about these practices and your choices regarding cookies, please see the Control Over Your Information section below.
Personal Information from Third Parties
We also obtain personal information from third parties as follows:
- Single Sign On Authentication: We use Single Sign-On (SSO) to allow users to login through their Google and Microsoft accounts. These providers will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name, profile photo, and email address. The data we receive depends on the third party’s policies and your privacy settings on the applicable third-party service.
For example, if you choose to connect a Google account to our Services, we will receive your name, email address, language preference, and profile picture. We use this information to create and service your account. We may also use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Services.
- Other Users: We may receive your information from other users of our Services. For example, we may receive your name and email address if another user asks you to sign a contract using our Services.
- Social Media: When you interact with our Services through social media networks, such as when you follow us or share our content on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, or other social networks, we may receive some information about you that you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive depends on your privacy settings with the social network, and may include your username and other profile information that you choose to post publicly.
- Information We Receive From Other Third Parties. We may receive personal information about you or information about your business from other third parties. For example, our marketing service providers may send us your contact information. In addition, if you choose to connect your account to a third-party service (via API or Webhook), such as Slack, we may collect information about you and your business, including your profile information, information about other users, and any other information collected by the platform.
- Other Sources: We may also collect Personal Information about individuals that we do not otherwise have from, for example, publicly available sources, third-party data providers or through transactions such as mergers and acquisitions. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Services, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
The data we receive from third parties depends on the applicable third party’s policies and the privacy preferences you have expressed to that third party.
Uses of Personal Information
We use personal information to:
- Deliver the Services you have requested. For example, we process personal information when you sign a contract made available to you via our services.
- Customize our Services for you. For example, we use preference information you provide to personalize our Services.
- Communicate with you, including via email, live chat and social media. For example, we may use your personal information to investigate and respond to questions you ask us.
- Manage our organization and its day-to-day operations.
- Engage in marketing and advertising, including to send you information and updates on products or services we think that you may be interested in.
- Conduct research and analytics on our customer and user base and our Services.
- Test, enhance, update and monitor the Services, or diagnose or fix technology problems.
- Help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our property and Services, technology assets and business.
- To enforce our contractual rights (such as the rights in our Terms of Service), to resolve disputes, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interests and rights of third parties.
- Prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity.
- Comply with contractual and legal obligations, and enforce our contractual and legal rights.
- To facilitate the recruiting and hiring process, if you apply for a job with us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information.
- For any other lawful purpose, or other purpose that you consent to.
III. OUR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also make available personal information to third parties as follows:
- Other Users: If you are working on specific contracts or other documents on our Services, photos and videos that you upload in connection with those documents as well as your name, email address, and e-signature may be made available to other users who are also working on those documents.
- Service Providers: We engage other third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, such as customer service, marketing, communications services, website hosting, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, analytics services, app connection services, payment processing services, and administrative services.
- Ad Networks and Advertising Partners: We work with third-party ad networks and advertising partners to deliver advertising and personalized content on our Services, on other websites and services, and across other devices. These parties may collect information directly from a browser or device when you visit our Services through cookies or other data collection technologies. This information is used to provide and inform targeted advertising, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. Please see the Third-Party Data Collection and Online Advertising section.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others, including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to protect the health and safety of us and others; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law.
- With Your Consent: We may disclose personal information about you to certain other third parties or publicly with your consent or at your direction. For example, with your consent or at your direction we may post a testimonial from you on our Services or related publications.
IV. THIRD-PARTY DATA COLLECTION AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
We may participate in interest-based advertising and use third party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third-party services, to collect information about your use of our online services over time so that they may play or display ads on our Services, on other websites or services you may use, and on other devices you may use. For example:
- Social Media Platforms. We may display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as LinkedIn and other social media forums. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our services while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. We may share a unique identifier, such as a user ID or hashed email address, with these platform providers or they may collect information from our website visitors through a first-party pixel, in order to direct targeted advertising to you or to a custom audience on the social media platform. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them. If you do not want to receive targeted ads on your social networks, you may be able to adjust your advertising preferences through your settings on those networks.
- Third Party Partners. We work with a variety of third-party partners to provide analytics and advertising services. For example, we use Mixpanel and Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our Services, log in to your account on our Services, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed email address, with these third parties to facilitate the service. Google Analytics and Mixpanel allow us to better understand how our users interact with our Services and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google's website, “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited one of our websites, AdID, precise geolocation and other information. We may share a common account identifier (such as a hashed email address or user ID) with our third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. We may also use services provided by third parties (such as social media platforms) to serve targeted ads to you and others on such platforms. We may do this by providing a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider.
For more information about these practices and your choices regarding cookies, please see the Control Over Your Information section below.
V. CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
You may control your information in the following ways:
- Email Communications Preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications. You may not opt-out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices).
- Modifying or Deleting Your Information. If you have an account for our Service, you have the ability to modify certain information in your account, including your profile information, through the account setting page or a similar option provided on the Service. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
- Cookies: If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to change the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser to: (i) notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Be aware that disabling cookies may negatively affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionalities and features of the Services.
Depending on your device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if you want to reject cookies across all your browsers and devices, you will need to do so on each browser on each device you actively use. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
- Online Ads: To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) resources and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) online resources, at www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings menu on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some — but not all — interest-based advertising served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
VI. CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or intend to do so. Younger children should not use our Services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal information.
VII. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR SERVICES
IX. CONTACT US
X. REGION-SPECIFIC DISCLOSURES
Please see below for additional information that may apply to you depending on where you live
California residents that have an established business relationship with us have rights to know how their information is disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civ. Code §1798.83). Please free to contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “Shine the Light” to submit such a request.
If you are a resident of the State of Nevada, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. We do not currently sell covered information, but you are free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Opt Out Request” to submit such a request.